Many people, myself included, struggle with how to organize their homes. In order to avoid the many piles of clutter that seem to creep up in any home, these 5 easy steps will help you keep your home organized and tidy:
- Set aside your excess clothing and put anything that is already in storage either in a closet or a drawer. If you are looking to free up space in your house, then it may be a good idea to try our new service.
The fee for this service is $10. We’re not saying that you’ll be getting rid of all your junk, but we will come by and take away what we can.
- Plan what goes where and how. When you put your things away, you don’t want to just throw everything on a shelf or in a drawer haphazardly. You want to be sure when you need something that it is easy to find or can see that it is there.
For example, anything that might be useful in an emergency such as flashlights, first aid kits, or candles should have its own place in the house and not just be tossed under the bed!
- Use baskets to keep your various supplies organized. All of these things that you use day to day can be in this basket that is easily located. You will have a lot less clutter and stress in your life.
This way you will also know what each basket contains immediately and where it is located as well as preventing things that could be used in an emergency from being thrown away.
- If possible, keep anything that you regularly use in the same place (for example, glasses are always at the dining table). This way you don’t have to waste time and energy looking for something when you are trying to get something done.
- Keep your kitchen tidy by using cleaning supplies that contain multi-purpose ingredients such as vinegar.
This way you won’t have a large number of different ingredients cluttering your cabinets or counters, and vinegar is something that can be used for a number of different cleaning applications so you can avoid buying a bunch of different cleaners as well.
- When you pack your bags, leave some space in your luggage or travel bag to store extra items so you can keep your true essentials close at hand when you need them!
- Finally, remember that clutter can make you feel stressed and drained. This is something that you don’t need in your life when a few simple steps can help you keep your home tidy and organized.
- If you are interested in bag it for good, give us a call and let’s talk about how we can help you get organized.
- This article is both amazing and easy to follow (seriously just follow the 5 steps). I’ve never been so organized since I moved into my new apartment!
- This is also one of those spots that will leave you feeling inspired to go through your whole house at once and make some changes- like donating clothes or organizing your closet!
- If you like this sort of thing, then head over to our Facebook Page or Twitter Page and make sure to follow us there! You can also check out our website and see how we can help you!
- This is a great article that should breathe some life into an otherwise boring topic! I’m glad that I read it, now I have a few tips on how not to be late for work in the morning.
- If you’ve ever read the portion of this article that says something to the effect of “Your house can’t remain organized without an organized mind”, then you know that I’m in luck.
If you disagree with me, then there’s plenty more articles here (and more) for your perusal!
- Great article! The kind of thing people will read and nod their head in agreement about, but will still be too lazy to implement it into their lives.
Remember to try these steps and see how much easier your home can be to keep tidy and organized.